Medilink Midlands is the Midlands Life Sciences industry association with a vision to stimulate the growth of the Midlands life science sector by helping companies establish, develop and grow.
Its network of more than 6,000 contacts in over 1,700 organisations represents all aspects of the sector; from multi-nationals to high potential start-up companies, as well as the NHS and Universities.
At Medilink Midlands, we work with our members so that they are able to protect their licence to operate.
Medilink Midlands helps stimulate additional and value-added growth of the Midlands as a prosperous community for Life Sciences with strategic alliances working in collaboration with the Midlands Engine, West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN), East Midlands Academic Health Science Network (EMAHSN), Midlands Innovation Health (MI Health), Midlands Health Alliance (MHA) and the West Midlands Health Technologies Cluster (WMHTC).
With offices across the Midlands, Medilink Midlands has been providing specialist business support to boost the regions economic output from the life sciences industry for nearly two decades.
The Midlands boasts:
- Largest cluster of medical technology service and supply companies in the country
- Second largest UK employer in Medtech
- A world-class research and innovation infrastructure including 3 national Catapult Centres
- 7 medical schools working closely with NHS Trusts reinforced with the UK’s centre for rehabilitation and defence medicine and recently opened UK’s national rehabilitation centre for civilian care
- £25bn GVA – Health, life sciences and MedTech contribution
- Large, ethnically diverse and stable population, providing a perfect platform for medical research and clinical trials
- Recognised as an “AI powerhouse” in UK
- Unbeatable access to high tech facilities and skills
- The Midlands is the UK’s centre for Trauma & Defence Medicine with the tri-service Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM) located at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, and the Headquarters of the Surgeon General together with the Joint Medical Command at Lichfield.
- £40m Investment secured into the region by client companies in the last 3 years
- 1,692* SMEs engaged
- 47* University Collaborations
- 322* Companies Connected
- 2,088 Companies supported 2021/2022 in collaboration with regional AHSNs
- 191* Jobs Created
*March 2014 – October 2021
Chief Operating Officer
West Midlands Connectivity Manager
Alison Morgan Kimberley
West Midlands Connectivity Officer
West Midlands Marketing and Events Leader
Senior Innovation Advisor
Dr Alasdair J. Gaw PhD
Project Leader – Events and Marketing (On Maternity Leave)
West Midlands Innovation Advisor
Events and Marketing Leader
Head of Finance
Get in touch with us!
Medilink Midlands (East Midlands Office) Charnwood Campus, Bakewell Road, Loughborough, LE11 5RB
Medilink Midlands (West Midlands Office) 4 Greenfield Crescent, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 3BE