Medilink Midlands is the Midlands Life Sciences industry association with a vision to stimulate the growth of the Midlands life science sector by helping companies establish, develop and grow.
Its network of more than 8,000 contacts in over 1,700 organisations represents all aspects of the sector; from multi-nationals to high potential start-up companies, as well as the NHS and Universities.
Medilink Midlands helps stimulate additional and value-added growth of the Midlands as a prosperous community for Life Sciences with strategic alliances working in collaboration with the Midlands Engine, West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN), East Midlands Academic Health Science Network (EMAHSN), Midlands Innovation Health (MI Health), Midlands Health Alliance (MHA) and the West Midlands Health Technologies Cluster (WMHTC).
With offices in Birmingham and Nottingham, Medilink Midlands has been providing specialist support to boost the region’s economic output from the Life Sciences sector since 2004.
The Midlands boasts:
- Largest cluster of medical technology service and supply companies in the country
- Second largest UK employer in Medtech
- Over 1,200 life sciences businesses, supporting over 30,000 high skilled jobs
- A world-class research and innovation infrastructure including 3 national Catapult Centres
- 6 medical schools working closely with NHS Trusts reinforced with the UK’s centre for rehabilitation and defence medicine and recently opened UK’s national rehabilitation centre for civilian care
- A rich set of research and innovation assets- home to 20 Universities, 18 of which offer health-related courses, with 2 of these in the Top 15 UK Universities, supported by a network of 40 Further Education Colleges
- Large, ethnically diverse and stable population, providing a perfect platform for medical research and clinical trials
- Recognised as an “AI powerhouse” in UK
- Unbeatable access to high tech facilities and skills
- The Midlands is the UK’s centre for Trauma & Defence Medicine with the tri-service Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM) located at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, and the Headquarters of the Surgeon General together with the Joint Medical Command at Lichfield.