DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to information used to identity living individuals. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Medilink UK is the data controller (contact details below). This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
What Information do we collect about you?
When we refer to “personal data” in this Notice, we mean information about living individuals or businesses which, alone or in conjunction with other information held by us, is capable of identifying them. The DPA and the GDPR regulate our use of your personal data.
In dealing with professional bodies, businesses and other parties in the course of our business, we most commonly obtain personal data consisting of; names, job roles, physical and electronic addresses, and telephone numbers.
We may obtain personal data from you when you contact us or visit our offices, including when you call us, get in touch with us via our website, or when you or your organisation corresponds with us using any means of communication. This includes personal data you provide to us when you:
- • Contact us with a question or enquiry;
• Attend events or provide our staff with business cards or contact details;
• Register for an event, newsletters or to receive updates;
• Visit our website and if you join us through our website;
• Deal with us in order to provide us with goods or services;
• We may also collect and retain personal data from public sources about you or your business.
How do we process your personal data?
Medilink UK complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations, as set out in our contracts with related bodies;
- To administer membership records for and to our members;
- To administer events and bookings for Medilink UK, and those we are contracted to conduct, host or market;
- To manage our employees;
- To maintain our own financial records and accounts;
- To inform our members and other stakeholders of news, events, activities and services offered by Medilink UK and its contractual partners.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- To fulfill contractual obligations for our contracts;
- To record explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, life sciences related activities and services, funding and other business opportunities;
- Where processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to paying the relevant bodies for taxation, national insurance and pension contributions;
- To facilitate personal contact details on our database to be maintained and kept up to date, whilst ensuring information held is stored securely.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with others in order to carry out a service which is being provided within the membership remit or contract requirements. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the bodies listed above with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your data while it is still current, or until you withdraw consent.
We may use a “cookie” in order to track website usage. These cookies do not collect personal information, but records the time of visit, date, referring page, and the IP address. This information is used by us to create a better user experience.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Medilink UK holds about you;
- The right to request that Medilink UK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Medilink UK to retain such data (unless it is required for contractual reasons, if so the data will be erased as soon as it is no longer required for this purpose);
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time, with any updates published on our site. We therefore encourage you to review our Policy periodically for the most up to date information on our privacy practices. We will not however, substantially change the way we use personal information you have already provided to us without the appropriate prior agreement. By continuing to use our site after a Policy change you are indicating your acceptance of the revised Policy terms.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please, in the first instance, contact Medilink Midlands, on behalf of Medilink UK at BioCity Nottingham, Pennyfoot Street, Nottingham, NG1 1GF. Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at +44 (0)115 822 3154 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org